Sinigang sa Bayabas
16 Jul 2021
For about 4 people
- 750 ml Water or hugas-bigas (water from rinsing rice)
- 45g Onion, quartered
- 60 grams Tomato, quartered
- 90 grams Gabi, peeled and quartered
- 40 grams Mama Sita's Sinigang sa Bayabas Mix
- 500g pork ribs, diced
- 100 grams Sitaw (long green beans), cut into 2 cm pieces
- 20 grams Siling haba (long green pepper)
- 50 grams Kang Kong, rinsed and cut into portions
- 50 grams Talbos ng kamote, rinsed and trimmed
- 60 grams Okra, sliced
- Patis (fish sauce), to taste
- In a saucepan, combine water, onion, tomato, pork, gabi and Mama Sita's Sinigang sa Bayabas Mix.
- Cook on medium heat.
- When it begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the pork is tender.
- Add the sitaw and siling haba and continue cooking over medium heat.
- When the sitaw is soft, add kangkong, talbos ng kamote and okra.
- Cook for another minute or until okra is tender but still bright green.
- Remove from fire. Serve with fish chicharon.