Kare Kare Mix 50 gr Mama Sita's
Also known as: Pang Kare-Kare Stew Base Mix
Country of origin: Philippines
Brand: Mama Sita’s
Content: 50 gr (1.76 Oz)
49 in stock
Kare Kare mix of Mama Sita's is a ready to make mix for this Filipino stew with peanut sauce. Put something different on the table with this mix.
Kare Kare Mix
Nothing is more heartwarming than a bowl of thick and savory Kare-Kare as tender oxtail and tropical vegetables are magically brought together by achuete, toasted rice, and finely ground peanuts
How to prepare:
- 1 pouch (57 gr), dissolved in 1 cup (250 ml) water or stock Mama Sita’s Kare-Kare Mix
- 500 g Oxtail
- 250 g Eggplant, cut diagonally about 1/4 inch thick
- 250 g Sitaw (long green beans), cut into 2-inch lengths
- 100 g Pechay
- 15 g Garlic, crushed
- 60 g Onion, sliced
- 15 ml Oil
- 2 Ltr Water
- 125 g Bagoong Alamang (sautéed shrimp paste)
How to prepare:
- Boil oxtail in water and simmer until meat is tender leaving about 1 ½ cups (375 ml) stock. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion in oil. Add boiled oxtail and Mama Sita’s Kare-Kare Mix. Add the remaining stock. Stir and simmer for two minutes.
- Add eggplant and string beans. Simmer for three minutes. Stir once in a while to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan.
- Add bok choy and simmer for two minutes or until the vegetables are done.
- Serve with bagoong alamang (sautéed shrimp paste)
Description and Recipe credit from www.msita.com
Toko 4 All strives in ensuring that the information about the products on our website is as accurate as possible. In the course of time when a supplier makes adjustments to the labels, it is possible that product information like ingredients, nutritional information, dietary information or allergy information may change. We, therefore, recommend that you take note of our information, and please always check the actual product for any changes to the labeling that may apply to you before consuming the product. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at 0174270441