Sushi hangiri 36 cm x 9 cm
Sushi Hangiri is a wooden rice container to mix the sushi rice with the sushi vinegar and cool it quickly. This hangiri is often used for traditional sushi preparation.
A Hangiri is a shallow wooden rice bowl with a flat bottom that is surrounded with a metal band so that it is more sturdy. It is used to flavor and cool the sushi rice. Before use, make the container moist and then add the cooked sushi rice, after which you mix it with sushi vinegar and allow the rice to cool down while fanning continuously. After cooling, cover the container with the rice with a damp cloth. Clean the wooden rice container immediately after use. This Hangiri has a Ø of approximately 36 cm and a height of approximately 9 cm. The inner size of this rice bowl has a Ø 33 cm and a height of 7,5 cm.
Traditional preparation method:
- Wash the rice in a bowl of water until the water runs clear
- Let the rice stand in water for 30 minutes
- Put the rice in a pan with about 1.1 to 1.2 as much water compared to the rice
- Cook the rice with a piece of Kombu 5 x 5 cm
- When the rice is cooked put the rice in a hangiri and mix the sushi rice with the otafuku vinegar
- Cool the rice with a fan until it is cold
- Now the rice is ready to make sushi
Also know as: sushi tub, wooden sushi bowl, rice mixing bowl, sushibak, oke
Country of origin: Japan
Content: 1 pc.