Bapaoflour 1 kilo
Bapaoflour is perfect for bapao but to be made because of its fine structure. This flour is also great for other pastries.
Bapaoflour is actually just wheat flour, but because of its fine structure and the lower content of gluten, it is ideal for bapao dough. the white flour makes for a nicer bapao and the fine structure of the wheat flour makes for a dough that is lighter, softer than if you were to use the usual normal flour types that are available here in supermarkets.
- 400 gr Bapao Flour
- 210 ml Water
- 100 gr sugar
- 50 gr Crisco shortening
- 13 gr dry instant yeast
- 8 gr baking powder possibly
- 1 gr Bread Improver
- 1 pinch of salt
- Sift the flour and baking powder directly into the mixing bowl of the electric mixer
- Add a pinch of salt and sugar
- Add the dry yeast and then add lukewarm warm water
- Use the dough hook and mix it
- Then add the Crisco shortening
- Mix the dough first to the low setting and then to a slightly higher setting
- Pre-mix the dough for 12 minutes until you have a dry dough
- Remove the dough from the mixer and place it in a lightly greased stainless steel or plastic bowl
- Cover the dough with a plastic foil or a damp tea towel, and place it near something warm such as on a radiator
- Let the dough rise for 30 minutes
- Put a steam pan on and heat it in the meantime
- When the 30 minutes have passed, divide the dough into 16 dough balls and let them rise again under a damp cloth for 15 minutes
- Press the balls flat and place a filling on them and close them again
- Let the dough rise again for 15 minutes
- Steam the bapao dough with the filling in the steam pan for about 15 minutes.
You can make the bapao filling according to your own ideas, but be aware that the meat or chicken should have a slightly stronger taste because the dough is naturally soft in taste.
For more information take a look at this English site Bapao recipe
100% Wheat flour.
Also known as: Bapaomeel
Country of origin: China
Brand: Double Rings Brand
Content: 1 kilo