Rendang spice Paste 50 gr
Rendang Pasta from Asian Home Gourmet is an Asian spice mix that brings Indonesian cuisine to your home.
Rendang spice Paste
Rendang is a classic from the Indonesian cuisine. As so often this recipe can be prepared in different ways, the many regions in Indonesia all have their own way of making this dish. But you can make it as you like, with chicken or beef, santen or coconut milk, you name it.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 package of spice paste for Indonesian Rendang curry dish
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 450 gr. chicken, lamb or beef cut into cubes
- 440 ml of coconut milk or milk
- Kaffir lime leaves as a garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan at a moderate temperature
- Add the spice paste and stir-fry for 2 minutes
- Add the meat and roast for 2 minutes
- Then add the coconut milk and bring it to the boil and let it simmer for half an hour
- Remove the lid from the pan and let it simmer for another 20 minutes until the meat is tender and the sauce is thickened
- Stirring occasionally
- Garnish and serve with rice
Red chili, soybean oil, onions, galangal, garlic, salt, shallots, sugar, ginger, lemongrass, ground turmeric, coriander seeds, cumin, herbs, and spices.
Also know as: Rendang Mix
Country of origin: Europe
Brand: Asian Home Gourmet
Content: 50 gr. (1.75 Oz)