Pancit Palabok is a typical Filipino dish that can be eaten almost any time of the day, like rice. With this recipe you can now make Pancit Palabok
The sauce is richly flavored with shrimp, colored with the deep orange hue of achuete (annatto), topped with fried bean curd cubes (tofu), shrimp meat, tinapa (smoked) flakes, chicharon (pork bacon) and finally topped with hard-boiled slices egg and chopped green onions.
This dish is especially suitable for Christmas, these extra-special noodles deserve a place of honor in Filipino cuisine and are very popular at most family reunion celebrations.
For about 4 people
- 200 grams of Palabok Vermicelli
- 200 grams shrimps (peeled)
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 cans of tuna
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onion
- 1 sachet Mama Sita's palabok mix (dissolved in 3 cups of water)
- Pre-cook the Palabok vermicelli according to the instructions on the package
- Fry the garlic and onion then add the prawns and 3/4 of the tuna and bring to a simmer.
- Add the dissolved Mama Sita's Palabok Mix and continue to cook until the sauce thickens (keep stirring), turn off the heat and set the sc aside.
- Put the warm Palabok Vermicelli in a serving bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the warm palabok vermicelli and garnish the sauce with 1/4 of the tuna and the other ingredients.
Recipe taken from https://mamasitas.com/